BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

What Wilson completely forget in their great “analysis“ is...

1. 65 Posts.
    What Wilson completely forget in their great “analysis“ is something that you call in German “KGV“.

I dont know the English term for it,but this is one of the most important tools how to calculate the fair shareprice of a stock.

You calculate it by dividing the actual shareprice by the profit per share:

- Shareprice: A$ 2.68
    - Profit per share from last financial year: A$ 38.2 million / 180 million shares = 0,21

- A$ 2.68 / 0,21 = 12,76 = lets say 13

A “KGV“ of 13 is ULTRA LOW for a small Biotech-company !!

GSK has a KGV of 11 and Roche has a KGV of 12 and these are multi-national Giants !!
    Companies comparable to Biota like Sinovac or Quidel have KGV´s between 21 and 23 !

So imho at least 20 should be a fair figure for Biotas KGV.
    And with a KGV of 20 the calculation of a fair share-price based on last years profit is:

- 0,21 x 20 = A$ 4,20

So this would be a fair shareprice based on LAST YEARS profit - and this doesnt even take the pipeline (LANI, HRV) into account !

And when I take into account that Relenza-sales will be better in the future and that GSK sells
    50% of their yearly productions-capacity (= 95 million courses) the calculation would be:

- 95 million courses x A$ 25 = 2.735 billion A$
    - 7% for Biota = 166 million A$
    - minus lets say 66 million for costs and takeovers = 100 million A$
    - A$ 100 million / 180 million shares: 0,55

FAIR SHAREPRICE:

0,55 x 20 = A$ 11,11

Imho the fair share-price based on GSK selling 95 million courses Relenza per year would be A$ 11 (and not A$ 3.40 like Wilson says) !!

Regards

Eric

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.