PYC 7.69% 14.0¢ pyc therapeutics limited

btc-17 million to go., page-34

1. 572 Posts.
    Excellent research and well posted

Peace, PoS, Andrew, SonT, TU's to you

My understanding of this bill is too try and prevent patenting of natural occurring peptide and and other natural genes etc but not what you do with it or how its applied.

It is intended to keep the path of research open as lets just say, A company discover a gene sequence, or a disease pathway and they research a cure for this. It has been a case of the company owning that discovery of the disease cause, where by it blocks other from using that genes sequence discovery to target the disease for drug research.
    They try to say go and find another cause for that disease and design a drug, This gene sequence (just an example) is ours.

The genes in our bodies should not be 'ownable' if you like, just the cure discovery. There may be a couple of different drugs that might prove beneficial, utilising different techniques.

Another example is a genetic cancer defect recently discovered (breast cancer)and the actual gene identified have been the the subject of a patent.

Its like saying i discovered oil, I am going to patent oil, and nobody else can use it.

However, the drug that will be discovered or peptide or what ever else, that is a cure is protected by patent.

By patenting the discovery, they keep out the competition from competing with them.

Its an ethical question and one that does not affect what PYC do.

Because the peptide discovery on its own do very little.
    Its what you do with the peptide, by way of fusing the actual drug, or by extending its half life etc etc , and it modification into a usable drug, that is protected by patent and will continue to be under this new bill.

hope this makes sense.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
0.010(7.69%)
Mkt cap ! $653.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.0¢ 14.5¢ 13.0¢ $1.446M 10.38M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 252759 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 113762 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.