DCC 21.7% 5.6¢ digitalx limited

"MTGOX payout looks to be done in Yen so calculations of...

1. 232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28

"MTGOX payout looks to be done in Yen so calculations of bitcoin price are irrelevant , from what i can tell it will be 21% of original value lost , not of spot bitcoin price"

Rubbish~! This is simply not true . So you think the creditors are selling the BTC into yen, then paying everyone out in a currency they do not use? Haha No.

The BTC that looks to be returned I have estimated at around 21% of lost tokens, as I previously mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, and yes, plus any Bitcoin Cash also obtained through proceedings. I have asked the company for confirmation on this and they wont advise me for legal reasons (?) what the end amount is, but my understanding is it is in BTC (no mention of being paid in Japanese currency(?))

If you do a deep dive into the case you will see the Federal Court has mandated that the BTC being returned be held in trust by a 3rd party until a ruling is determined by the federal court..... I can't be bothered looking for the long winded case notes but I can assure you the above is in there.

From the last DCC annual report:

"Recovery actions - Background - The Company notes that it had previously commenced proceedings in the District Court of Massachusetts to secure the rights toBitcoin that has been recovered by liquidators of historical crypto exchange, Mt Gox. In February 2014, prior to the Company acquiring its Bitcoin mining business and re-complying with Chapters 1 and 2 of the ASX Listing Rules, the Mt Gox Bitcoin Exchange was shut down after it was hacked. As set out in the Company’s Prospectus dated 12 May 2014 (2014 Prospectus), one of the subsidiaries acquired by the Company lost access to 351 Bitcoin as part of that hack. The Company became aware that Mr Alex Karis, a former Director of the Company, had lodged a claim with the bankruptcy trusteeof Mt Gox for the 351 Bitcoin in his own name, despite Mr Karis having entered into a deed (Deed) declaring that he holds theBitcoin on trust for the subsidiary of the Company (as referred to in Section 11.17 of the Company’s 2014 Prospectus). The Company notes that Mr Karis had filed proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia seeking to have the Deed declared void, other related relief, and alleged debts he claims are owed to him by the Company. The Company asserts that it does not owe any amount to Mr Karis. Following initial engagement with legal counsel, the Company continues to assert that the Deed is binding on Mr Karis and that it does not owe the claimed debts, and the Company intends to defend these proceedings to the fullest extent.UpdatesIn its September 2022 Quarterly Report, the Company advised that the District Court of Massachusetts had dismissed this claimwithout prejudice, following the Company filing its counterclaim in the Federal Court of Australia. It was also reported thatmediation for the Australian Federal Court proceedings between Mr Karis and the Company for the claimed debts was due to occur in late 2022, and was subsequently postponed when the Judge reserved her decision on the Company’s Bitcoin summary judgment application without an expected timeframe for decision. The Company is currently awaiting that decision. In its June 2023 Quarterly Report, the Company noted that the determination of the Company’s bitcoin summary judgment is still reserved, with no time frame provided by the Court and no subsequent mediation date set. As at June 30th 2023, there is still no decision on the summary judgment from the Australian Federal Court. "

My previous post:

“If DCC lost 351 BTC and 23.5% were recovered that is circa82.50 BTC recovered. after lawyer costs and fees etc....hard to say what isleft.

some folk on Reddit claim to have been advisedthey are getting back around 21% from creditors so assuming DCC would be in thesame boat, that's 351 x 21% = 73.7 BTC to be returned.

$104,622 (current price aud) x 73.7 BTC =$7,710,641 worth of BTC on the line in this case for us, at todays price,before the bull run gets going....

Happy if you can provide some figures too Spekul8?

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/mt-gox-trustee-to-pay-creditors-in-bitcoin-and-bitcoin-cash/

This company will come good and surprise to the upside INHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DCC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.6¢
Change
0.010(21.7%)
Mkt cap ! $48.51M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.7¢ 4.8¢ $257.3K 4.825M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25000 5.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.6¢ 65116 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.6¢
  Change
0.010 ( 19.2 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.8¢ 5.7¢ 4.8¢ 1151169
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
DCC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.