BTR 5.88% 1.8¢ brightstar resources limited

I think it was Warren Buffet who said that the share price has...

1. 215 Posts.
    I think it was Warren Buffet who said that the share price has nothing to do with the value of a company.

I have been in AIM/BTR for over 6 years. It's share price today is worth, in preconsolidation terms, about what it was worth in 2006, before it had hit copper at Mumbwa and before any work had started on developing a mine at Perkoa.

I have also held DML for about the same period - AIM used to have a stake in DML or DNL as it used to be known. DML has found at its tenements in Botswana about 1/3 the amount of Cu that has been found at Mumbwa and its SP has been going forward in leaps and bounds this year. DML doesn't have Zn or Au prospects. Unlike BTR though, DML doesn't have a JV partner who can claw back most of its copper assets.

Looking back to the times when BTR was trading around the $4 equivalent (40cents pre conconsolidtation), Zinc prices were sky high and bulls were rampant in the market.

Market prices I believe tend to be set by traders and speculators not investors. Money moves to where the speculators / traders think there is a quick buck to be made.

If we are investors and believe BTR is undervalued by the market we should be rejoicing at still being able to pick up cheap shares.

If you really believe in BTR then you will hang in; if you are impatient then you are free to leave anytime and put your money into another company that you think might give you a faster return.

I am quite happy with Scott - I much prefer MDs who don't hype or who don't have to hype their company to sustain the share price. If there is value in BTR, and I believe there is at current prices (I topped up at 56 cents (or the equivalent of 5.6 pre-consolidation cents) in May, and I work on the assumption that the market will eventually come to appreciate it.

I think since Scott has been at the helm he has moved the company forward very prudently.

Don't forget that early last year the market thought BTR was worth less than 10cents ! So why worry what the market thinks ?

I agree there has been some strange trading in BTR of late; I regret the unequal playing field that prevents me, as a retail investor, buying less than $500 worth of shares in any transaction, for which I then pay a minimum broker's fee of about $20, while the bots can buy and sell as few as 1 share, and I doubt that they pay a minimum of $20 brokerage per transaction.

I might be wrong about BTR; that is a risk we have taken in buying BTR and other shares. But these are choices freely made.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.8¢
Change
0.001(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $82.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.8¢ 1.8¢ 1.7¢ $108.0K 6.013M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 5135717 1.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.8¢ 5152313 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.