INR 0.00% 14.0¢ ioneer ltd

buckwheat

1. 2,084 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 448
    Thank you for your response - we can all take on board what you have said but I have 3 questions for you:

1. From previous posts I gather the area "destroyed" was around 8-9 acres. There was no evidence (as far as I am aware) of any human involvement (tire tracks, tractor tracks, even large numbers of foot prints etc) so would you please give me an estimate of the number of humans required to surreptitiously damage a large number of very small plants over such a huge area because the inference I draw from your comments " In late summer 2020, catastrophic and suspicious incidents wiped out more than half of the global population, putting the species at imminent risk of extinction. The cause of the destruction is still unclear, so the risk of further harm to the wildflower remains." is that the destruction was "not natural" but was caused by "persons unknown"
    2. I have been a fruit grower/farmer & have seen the destruction caused by mice & locust plagues here in Australia - they can literally leave the ground stone motherless bare. My question is: Why couldn't this have been the case on Nevada? - If it was rodents or similar, the whole buckwheat population could have been wiped out then (late summer 2020), or next time. Extinction by nature - it happens - look at the dinosaurs. Something you nor the BLM can stop
    3. Would you rather we humans become extinct due to climate change or can you at least admit that the EV/battery storage revolution will be a huge benefit to mankind & that sometimes someone has to take one for the team? (pardon the pun, it was not intentional) In this case our continued survival vs the buckwheat's continued existence! It's very honourable, but we cant save everything, no matter how hard we try. I would put the survival of the human race somewhat above the survival of a plant which offers absolutely no benefit to our species

Rather than running off trying to stop the development altogether, why cant you & the BLM work constructively with INR to find a solution that works for all parties. INR is doing it's part by partnering with the University of Nevada to find a solution - BLM should be partnering in that work rather than just blindingly trying to shut the project down (which is, again, the inference I draw from BLM's actions)
  2. 3,079 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1159
    Hi Patrick,

I'd firstly like to welcome you to the forum as I don't believe I have seen you post on here before. I'd also like to say that I appreciate your work in helping to protect Biodiversity on Earth. I became aware of who you are after the Buckwheat issue came to light.

I have quite a few questions. But firstly, some background of myself. I am a shareholder of Ioneer, I invested in the company back when it was still listed as Global Geoscience (ASX:GSC). I have followed the company and its announcements for quite some time and watched some of the Buckwheat review videos regarding Business Impact Statements and Environmental Concerns. As an investor I have put hard earned money into this company in the hopes that it one days delivers a return to me as an investor. But there is more to this stock than a simple return on investment. I picked INR in the hopes it would help assist in the transition to a cleaner energy future.

Your either very brave or very stupid venturing onto the forums of a company the CBD is basically trying to stop mining approval for

My questions are as follows:

Has the CBD approached INR to come to an amicable solution? And if not why not?

If no solution has been found, what is each parties current stance?

If the CBD had not got involved in filling lawsuits or other documentation, what position would INR be in at present in terms of permitting?

Has the CBD impacted on the INR project timeline to production?

I read somewhere that Tiehm's has been listed for a decade or more pending environmental protection status, has Tiehm's been pushed to get environmentally protected before now and if so when? (It appears to look as though, only now when INR are trying to get a project up and running that this is being pushed). What evidence says otherwise? IE has this been pushed the entire time its been sat "pending" being listed as endangered.

What protection mechanisms does the CBD have in place if INR does not get the mine approved?

Does it have the funding to protect the plant without INR?

Has the CBD assessed the positive environmental impacts INR will make moving forward via transitioning to a cleaner energy future, and if so, what merit has this been given? Or if the CBD isnt required to assess this, is this considered by the body that issues permitting to mine?

In your above article it is mentioned "If no action is taken by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service within the next few months, then this species will be on a perilous path toward extinction,” said the letter to Biden, signed by scientists and conservationists from across the country." - What scientific evidence supports this statement? Hasnt the plant existed for decades, per my above note? What scientific evidence is there to support this conclusion?

The article also mentions "suspicious activity" at the site. Didn't the US Wildlife and Fisheries conclude that it was ground squirrels via Buckwheat dna in their scat? What is the CBD's agenda in pushing the "suspicious activity" narrative? If they believe it to be otherwise ie Human, why has the CBD not pulled the trigger in suing INR for damaging public lands.

Does the CBD see anyway for INR to mine at Rhyolite? When I ask this question please note I ask it from a commercially viable standpoint. ie not having to go around all the Buckwheat plants etc...Thanks in advance for your comments, and any reply.

Kind Regards

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add INR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $327.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.0¢ 14.5¢ 13.8¢ $223.5K 1.599M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 1815263 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 59586 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
INR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.