BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

BUD BOTS, page-7

1. 9,788 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3485
    the way the brokers (who effectively control the ASX and all other bourses) control market price functions is by allowing 'market makers' cheap access to do computerised trading at a few cents per trade

thats why you see 'manipulation' of all stock prices through involvement of these tiny share number trades

but that is also why charting works more now than it did 20 yrs ago

old traders used to complain about big gaps in charts - youd own a stock and net day it would open down or up in a big gap from previousdays close with no reason why - it was lack of liquidity

so now state street, van guard and the other massive fund holders provide liquity because they get this preferential pricing on brokerage

the benefit to all investors is supposed to be liquidity and the benefit to professional brokers is that humans get misdirected by share price moves and so retail investors (anyone not a bot - even mid sized funds can count as retail in this case)

the important thing to know is that these 'market makers' sit on both sides of the bid and sell - on big volume days a lot of what you will sometimes see is market maker program actually sellign to themselves

thats why share price in itself can often be a misleadig indicator - the 'bots' put through misleading share price signals while doing majority of the volume at dfferent levels

because the market makers have to constantly 'reload' their holding to provide liquidity into the following sessions' trades

this is why charting has become so vital to doing smart trades - no longer can you just 'hold' - well you can but its a lazy use of capital because the bots drive much bigger momentum swings up and down than humans alone would ever do

but thats why i said most retail BUD investors should just ignore BUD for next 3+ months

after a strong run up the bts tend to get very funky - precisely with the aim of shaking you out of your holding

unless you have the charting and other technical skills to time ins and outs well - its often a tough time to be a 'passenger' as you see your net worth bounce around bigly

mind you i spke to a 60+ yr old chairman of a listeds who said he much prefers the way it s now vs what it used to be like

more money to be made more often - but demands a sharp pais of eyes and good wits etc

hope that helps

- and while market makers are much of the bots - there are many HFT firms that arent simply market makers but are activey looking to mianipulate outcomes - depending on the stock

but market makers drive the charts - they are the ones with the biggest firepower as i understand it

though despite living professionally in the space for many years i still dont profess to know all the ins and outs of how those various forces interact

but the one ting that is true is they all use math and known charting principles to drive their behaviours - so get similar outcomes generally whatever the bot source i expect

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.