BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Ok this is a "discussion thread" on the merging business...

1. 227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Ok this is a "discussion thread" on the merging business potential of an very successful innovative LED globe manufacturer/marketer  and Bud who up till now have endevoured to scale their energy usage information screens that "inform" customers of their enegy consumption to enable them to make cost and Co2 savings.
    Discl. I hold BIQ.  But hey a few of you guys have "contributed your views over there"
    LED lights have been available for at least 10 years. They are a vast improvement on standard filament globes and halogen. Not only superior in quality and reliability but saving of huge costs for industry and home use.     Now they come in a vast array of colour changing/controlling options through wi fi  and apps.
    They are available everywhere to the the point of saturation IMO.  Gosh I, from time to time check in Ozbargain.  There can,t be soo much margin left,again IMO.   They do save you money, they can be  pretty, but they are readily available everywhere.

Some of the posters  are proposing "Bundling" the globes with energy monitors to hotels, apartment blocks and the domestic housing  market.
    The biggest cost of power in a hotel is aircon/heating.
    Problem is every room has an individual temp control. No one is interested in saving the hotel money on power but I guess some may be inclined to adjust their consumption/usage for Co2.  Same issue with apartment blocks, individual units, either on the balcony or the roof.
    Biggest cost in the home is aircon and the pool.  Inverter technology has contributed  greatly to reduce the cost of operation here by  reducing the speed of the aircon rather than switch off and then on again when the temp rises.    In the pool the pool pump can use as much as 40% of the total home power consumption.  Again technology now provides varible speed inverter control of pool pumps (check Pooled Energy) or through pump replacement with permanent magnet variable speed pool pumps (check Hayward or Astral)  Either of these will deliver 30 - 40% power savings.  In addition you can then run the equipment at high on off peak because at low speed they are extremely quiet. 
    So yes LED, Inverter aircon and variable speed  pumps will all save you money on power, ( not to mention PV panels) but why would I buy/lease a screen that informs me where the power is being consumed?  
    Prior to this deal Buddy were trying to market to a similar client that Building iq were servicing, but not successfully because Building iq offers not just monitoring  but CONTROL the whole building through their i5 platform, and are slowly (painstakingly) building a business.   Anyway that's my contribution to the discussion.    Bud and Lifx are certainly marketed as "sexy" products to the consumer though and I can understand this approach will win some buyers of their products and obviously from these threads, investors. Good luck to you. Pumping.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.