BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

On the question of new Ohm units ordered by Buddy - the only...

1. 1,023 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    On the question of  new Ohm units ordered by Buddy - the only indicator I can think of that is in the public domain is item 1.2 (b) in the 4C - payments for product manufacturing and operating costs.

This is probably on somewhat shaky ground, as it contains the assumption (famously being the mother of all f...ups) that this figure is largely attributed to Ohm orders. For what it's worth, here are the figures from recent Quarterlies:

Sep 2016: -
    Dec 2016: 40k
    Mar 2017: 323k
    Jun 2017: 324k
    Sep 2017: 528k
    Dec 2017: 627k
    Mar 2018: 465k
    (Jun 2018: 600k estimated in the Mar 2018 4C)

So yes, it appears that more product is being ordered, albeit not on a massive scale. Probably makes sense, as likely there is still some hardware tweaking going on as feedback is coming in, and you wouldn't want to sit on thousands of units that are not up to the latest spec.

Make of these figures what you will, I'd be interested to hear other people's take on this. My understanding of business accounting is about the same as my cat's understanding of quantum mechanics - no Schrodinger puns intended.

And of course units ordered are not the same as units installed with a paying customer. It's great to have a beautiful sleek product that can do clever things, but you want to see this translate to revenue, and patience is clearly wearing thin with a lot of people. Fair enough. It really is time for Buddy to show that they can make a buck out of one of their offerings. I still think Ohm has it and could be a real winner, possibly in a real big way.

The company appears to be sticking to its previous forecast of $ 69.3 million over 3 years from the date of first sales under the respective agreement, the bulk of this made up of Digicel, Ingram Micro Canada and Rizon - most recently reiterated in the response to the ASX Aware Query, dated 12 April, pp 9-10.

I guess we each have to make up our own mind whether we think this is realistic and borne out by the limited available evidence.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.