BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

goldbear77 said: ↑ We all know how the market works, nobody is a...

1. 9,779 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3485
    goldbear77 said:
    We all know how the market works, nobody is a moron just different views. So what you're saying is to stop volatility and keep SP stable hide what is really going on the business. It was Buddy Platforms decision to go down the smart cities path and set up the business in a way that numbers fluctuate. In doing so what you're saying is the company is not saying numbers of installs to affect the SP direction, that is dodgy. If BUD was concerned about these things they should have built a different business model.

As an investor if BUD was going to hit target numbers like they keep saying i don't mind a little fluctuation, it should be expected. If they generate all that revenue expected a few dips and rises won't matter. I understand what you mean and it is logical but the problem is Bud is a listed company, the solution could be once a yr announce numbers or something like that.

It doesn't matter if you have to sell cars or are on a cruise ship selling tablets everyone has numbers they have to meet or get fired, it's all apart of the sales industry. Do you think you will work at Microsoft or Apple if you can't hit numbers, no way. So no i don't believe what you saying makes sense at all, if the product is needed it will sell. Bud have all the agreements in place to sell so if it's a great product it should sell.

As investors to save our funds we should have a regular update on company progress so we can assess our position and see if we still think it's a good investment, at the moment we are all flying blind. That means we have no idea on how the company is progressing and need to wait for the $ amount at each quarterly to assess the company, even then we are still flying blind as the number in the next quarterly could be higher or lower. So it's the same thing anyway the SP will fluctuate on the $ amount given on each quarterly anyway all IMO.

I've seen many examples of investors asking for something only to find they hadnt thought through the full impact of what they demanded.

Volatility is a unavoidable function of market making. It will come from market reaction to actual facts - ie cashflow reported in the 4c

Companies and mgt teams are not seeking to suppress that natural volatility.

What they are trying to limit is 'volatility squared' - where you see positioning into quarterly results then post results on outlooks that have yet to be proved.

The point about about inventory movements, sales or even earnings guidance is that they are all derivatives of the real thing - earnings.

earnings are the actual  insight the market is generally considered to be after - not installs.

if investors want to base decisions off facts - mgt contention is you should just decide off 4c earnings and buy or sell as you prefer

but there's a double faced game afoot. mgt knows thats not what most investors these days want to do.

instead they want install numbers - because they want to price in earnings for next 3 yrs - bid price up on that basis - then drive it down once they think theyve bid up price peak and move on

i agree with you that an annual notice on installation numbers would be appropriate.

the usual course of things is that companies tend to lower the barriers on 2nd derivative numbers once earnings are large enough that sensitivity to the 2ndary numbers becomes low

when you are earnings 10s of millions+ then whether thats from 2000 or 2500 installations becomes far less sensitive/material

dont forget - one of the key parts of this is to retain commercial negotiability.

one of the other key reasons for not disclosing unit numbers at an early stage is a company doesnt want everyone thinking the unit cost is $2000/month when they think it should be $3000 in a particular market.

the bigger the installation numbers though - the more that consideration fades - because they can legitimately say the 'blended system avg' reflects a very wide variety of different setups.

but in the early days that isnt the case and both customers and competitors would get a very close read on pricing from matching install numbers vs income.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.