BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Thanks @goldbear77 I usually value your contributions even if...

1. 2,572 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 521
    Thanks @goldbear77 I usually value your contributions even if they are a little expansive and lengthy.

In the context of the discussion OHM is a uniqueoffering comprising a connected hub management web portal and public facingdashboards (to use their terminology) with which is why I used the word inventso as to distinguish it from simply a new business entering an establishedmarket where I gave coffee shop as an example.

I am sure we all understand that they did not invent plasticor wire or sensors but hopefully others are able to draw the distinction.

The point is, it was BUD which developed what is a uniqueoffering and brought it to an embryonic market (well explained I think by @Holdtight just now) where there are so manypotential customers that don’t even know what they want or need in the ever-increasingpush to reduce consumption of energy & water.

Who knows when, or if, governmentswill start to mandate monitoring and reporting.(my bet is when - without going into the sad politics of it all)

But to say that they rushed outa flawed product (as I understand @crazydave1942 implied) is misleading IMO.Statements such as the following are what I would say are evidence of working with customers to develop rather than oh sorry we didn't do that right - hold my beer:

• ‘we expect to work hand – in hand with [customers] them in2018 to maximise their success with the Buddy Ohm product, and learn as much aswe can to continue improving and capturing new opportunities’. [Ref 2018 AnnualCEO Shareholder Letter] - how refreshing to see a Seattle based company spell 'maximise' correctly tongue.png
    • ‘a natural resource and environmental monitoring system soldas a service to enterprise, retail, corporate and government customers seekingto better understand their utility footprint and how they can save costs andgain increased peace of mind’ [Ref 2018 Annual CEO Shareholder Letter]
    • ‘Buddy will be offering ultrasonic water measurement forBuddy Ohm, allowing for new and much in-demand scenarios such as water leakagedetection which is a top customer request for both buildings, and facilitiesinfrastructure’ [30 Nov 17 Annual General Meeting News]
    • ‘Buddy is today announcing support for direct monitoring oflarge scale backup generators (both power output and fuel levels). This comesfollowing requests from mobile operators currently deploying generators inregions such as a hurricane-devastated areas of the Caribbean, Puerto Rico andalso for day – to-day use in mobile phone tower infrastructure’ [30 Nov 17 AnnualGeneral Meeting News]

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.