BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

BUD - March 2018 Buddy Connect my highlights - The following...

1. 1,226 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 394
    BUD - March 2018 Buddy Connect my highlights - The following items are what I was most impressed by, and/or what I felt Dave was VERY enthusiastic about and wanted to share/reinforce. Not all of this is new, of course, but to me, today's event put a lot of colour onto the palette.

@DreadPirateRoberts and others have covered some of what I have written, but for what it is worth, here are my key takeouts from the event, written up for my own benefit as well as sharing:

1. Ohm Platform 2 has the following improvements, which are downloadable in older versions via firmware (cell phone network) updates:
    • portal approach – customers pick and choose what and how they want/need to be monitored
    • now multi-lingual
    • dashboard displays “tips” for further savings etc
    • widgets added – eg for “energy score status” as is now required in all NYC buildings to display their status
    • occupancy sensing – personnel in/out movements/numbers with related energy calculations (which I took as enabling working out effectively the energy/headcount and therefore the impact of having just a few staff being in the building at different time periods, etc)
    • # of sheets of paper being printed in each area of the building

2. Frictionless Installation – problem was, huge variation in electrical panels where CT clips are added then plugged into Ohm link – which meant needing photos sent to installation team and/or site visit to inspect/understand prior to installation.
    The problem had to be fixed – so that customers own staff (appropriately qualified to work with electrical panels, eg electrician) can self-install.
    Self-install and configuration achieved via Buddy Ohm guidance app, with the app also scanning the Link barcode plus the CT clip barcode to marry the two as being paired.
    Dave remarked – “this is a BIG BIG DEAL - it is DISRUPTIVE”

3. WORKS WITH OHM (as per the recent announcement) – Dave remarked “HUGE OPPORTUNITY, VERY BIG STEP re existing infrastructure” - because the required meter accuracy (which/where Ohm doesn't meet requirements) is kept by the existing meters, the output of which are reported on by Ohm.

So the Ohm footprint is GREATLY ENHANCED, AND SCALE-UP IS POTENTIALLY MUCH FASTER, Dave said.

4. Sustainability – building owners/managers must act to improve global sustainability.

Carbon emissions neutrality is a global target/mandate. Ohm enables them to measure, then understand and act – this is achieved via Ohm “Carbon Offsets as a service”, Ohm CoaaS – which calculates emissions, and can automatically purchase carbon emission offsets – simple, easy, cheap method.

CoaaS will start shipping July 2018, as part of a bundle, or add to existing Ohms.

5. SO - Gotta say, I came away pretty excited by everything I heard today.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.