BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Buddy Connect Event - Mar 27th, page-89

1. 1,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 394
    Hi @InBudweTrust
    It's a good question you ask. I'm no expert in this area, and other opinions are very welcome.

But Imo there are no concerns whatsoever re accuracy. When working in conjunction with established meters and control systems, Ohm remains as a monitoring measurement and reporting system. It is still not intended in any way to be a control system, as it doesn't have that capability, nor could it ever take over from PLC type controllers. Controllers are primarily intended to run equipment, and their reporting capability can be quite basic. I don't think that minor discrepancies in reported results Ohm vs controller will matter, as process managers (and other interested employees) will want the trends and bigger picture mostly, and if they want accurate detail, they will look at the controller report.

BUT, having said that, I see no reason why Buddy Ohm cannot be as accurate as the meter they piggy-back off. As Dave explained yesterday, meters for water, gas etc have a rotary magnet which emits a pulse when rotating, and the Ohm sensor easily picks up that same pulse. For electricity and any other meters that do not emit a pulse, someone with expertise might care to comment further here.

Also, as I wrote in Post #:31604890
    Key point – Ohm is a monitoring measurement and reporting system. Ohm is not a building/factory management system. It is not intended to be a control system. It is not a replacement for a control systems either. It operates alongside of and is complementary to any existing or later installed control systems. That is exactly how Nestle will use it – on top of their current systems, for added value.
    From Buddy website https://buddy.com/building-monitoring/monitoring-solutions/ :
    “Building Management Systems (BMS) can generate a lot of detailed data. But often the data is locked inside proprietary systems, that make it hard to gain a real-time view, expose insights to building occupants, and create immersive incentives by gamifying resource savings. Cloud-to-cloud or sub meter integration with Buddy Ohm helps gain maximum value out of an existing BMS investment, and also adds new capabilities that typically would require custom integration work or increased service agreements from BMS providers.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.