BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Buddy's future

1. 969 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Good morning,

Two things entered my mind this morning (that might be a new record).

The first came from reading the Fin, and in particular an article on a chap named Anton Mazkovoi who was involved early in Atlassian, and has now gone into a mob called CIM Enviro. Their website doesn't give much away, but they do install some kind of equipment behind the meter, which is fed data from IoT sensors inside pumps, fans, lights etc, and fed back for monitoring. Further, it analyses the performance of each of these modules and suggests when they are running sub-optimally.

From what I can glean it's a hard-wired system (three week install was quoted in one of their case studies) so my question is, and I don't have an answer, is a hardwired system something that would be more attractive in a new building, or indeed a refurbishment? The natural follow-on is what else is out there in terms of competition? Understanding Buddy differentiates by ease of installation and presentation of results, these other kinds of similar offerings must be attractive in their own way. There are plenty of buildings to go around, but that's not a sensible argument or indeed useful when trying to peer ahead say three years to see who are the playaz in the game (ie who's removing market share from Buddy). CIM is an Australian company based in Sydney, but would doubtless have a massive network in software development via this Atlassian fellow, and there must be others in the States and elsewhere. First thought finished for now.

Secondly, and I don't doubt it has been addressed, is there any way Buddy Ohm could contribute to a NABERS or international equivalent certification? It would be a nice little marketing tag, but without control I don't know. That's a pretty easy one, so let's say I had 1.5 thoughts.

Any input from those who can offer ideas would be great.

Enjoy your Saturday,
    The artist formerly known as magpieagogo
    Last edited by Faye Dingaway: 21/10/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.