Budget 2017 Winners & Losers, page-67

1. 713 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    This budget tries to tick as many boxes as possible just to please a broad base of voters but nothing of real substance.

I stand by my comment when I referred to the poor workers I meant the average workers the ones the govt wants to tax more because they earn over a certain amount of GROSS income and by definition they are rich enough to be imposed and subject to extra levies like the budget deficit levy, natural disaster levy, extra Medicare levy etc but at the same time their private health insurance rebate got cut...The same lots and most of them are not entitled to family tax benefits, many pay more child care costs..why ? Because their gross income is over a certain threshold. Don't forget these are usually the double income families with a mortgage, they are time poor, Net disposable income poor after all the taxes, levies & expenses..

In contrast, the govt referred to the poor are the welfare poor by definition because most of the welfare payments are EXEMPT income like DSP, FTB etc and therefore are not subject to tax and levies etc. A welfare family with 4 children or more would get a decent amount of welfare income compared to those time poor working poor workers.

And the govt's excuses on cracking down on welfare cheats they referred to the ones whom get the least welfare, the ones on the Newstart, youth allowance categories many are genuine falling on hard time. But ignoring the long term unemployed hiding in the DSP category (apologies to the genuine DSP).

Apparently there are more people on the DSP category than the ones on the Newstart category believe it or not.

Once on the DSP, at the moment, there is no review process or job seeking obligations for those who are over 35, they are getting the same amount of pension as of those the Age pension plus all the perks. If the govt seriously wants to crackdown on welfare cheats they should start reviewing the DSP category not just the ones who get the least welfare. ( apologies again to those whom are genuine DSP).

Also, the main issue facing many youngsters today is housing affordability that has not been addressed only some bandage solution like accessing the superannuation bs stuff...

Ok rant over.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.