Budget and Super, page-7

1. 82,645 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    hi picastoc,

I certainly agree with a lot of your post.

I would say a couple of things though that I feel at this stage that I want to cover before I get there.

I am a long way off 80 but, I do observe several things from older friends - some who are fit and some who are not.

Travel - many older one's I know still travel - and, I would say one thing is pretty much certain - when you get older - you want - need really, to travel in MORE comfort, not less -------- so, the costs can actually rise, not fall.

Ditto with some things around the home - if one chooses to stay in a house - as opposed to an apartment - then, at some stage ------- help is a very good idea ------ and, help requires payment - hence, all those things like lawns, gardens (at least the heavy stuff), painting, repairs - you name it - if you were used to doing them yourself at 60 well, at 80, you are probably going to pay someone to do it.
    More expense.
    The car is similar - I can well imagine the day if one is wealthy enough - to not drive yourself and have a driver - why not?
    That one, however, is probably only very short term anyway - as within a decade we will probably all have our own drivers - the car itself.

Some of these types of things fit into the $50k - from a 1 million base fund - and others would begin to look more like requiring a 2 million base.

Either way - your idea on growth I believe is crucial - unlike most super sites I visit which tell me - such and such dollars should last you such and such years ---------------- I always think -- hmmm, what the hell then?

Anyway - hope this makes some sense - I just had a long technical phone call in the middle of it and lost most of my train of thought.

have a good one

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.