TNT 0.00% 13.0¢ tesserent limited

budget expenditure on cyber security

1. 6,518 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2420
    https://www.minister.defence.gov.au/minister/lreynolds/media-releases/safer-and-stronger-australia-budget-2020-21

w w w . m i n i s t e r . d e f e n c e . g o v . a u /

A safer and stronger Australia - Budget 2020-21

6 October 2020

CYBER SECURITY SUPPORT

Malicious cyber activity against Australia is increasing in frequency, scale and sophistication.

This Government is making the nation’s largest ever investment in cyber security through our $1.7 billion 2020 Cyber Security Strategy, which includes $1.4 billion over the next decade to enhance the cyber security capabilities and assistance provided to Australians through the Australian Signals Directorate and the Australian Cyber Security Centre.

This significant investment, known as the Cyber Enhanced Situational Awareness and Response (CESAR) package, will mean that we can identify more cyber threats, disrupt more foreign cybercriminals, build more partnerships with industry and government and protect more Australians.

The CESAR package has been designed to boost protection and cyber resilience for all Australians, from individuals and small businesses through to the providers of critical services.

It includes a $470 million investment to expand our cyber security workforce, with the creation of over 500 new Australian jobs within ASD.

The package will put our nation on the front foot in combatting cyber threats and our investment in a cyber security workforce will help ensure we have the people we need to meet future cyber challenges.

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TNT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.