I agree dayz with your first sentence but still disagree that...

1. 7,016 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    I agree dayz with your first sentence but still disagree that your charge on property idea is the way to go.
    If the old widow in the high value house/land package has no income then I agree why should taxpayers pay her a full pension if indeed any pension.
    It must be up to her and/or her family or guardian or administrator to assist her to liquidate her assets if she needs money to live on.
    Why do gov'ts always have to complicate the obvious and I mean complicate?
    The income tax system is a perfect example of that.
    When I was young I used to do my tax myself in a few minutes in an unstapled folded Tax Form [four-page] from the newsagent.
    I still do it myself by Etax but have to go through hundreds of pages online most of which are just wasted time reading and clicking "No" tile.
    Why on earth would we want to start this "charge on property titles" dumb idea of creating more paperwork, more solicitor work, more public servant work, more pension form work etc,for old people and more headaches down the track whenever that might be?
    KISS [keep it simple stupid] should be the first option and the second and the third and if the fourth idea is proposed by a public servant then revert to KISS.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.