budget super, page-6

1. Enn
    1,463 Posts.
    "In regards to income being included in the CSHC, I was under the impression that it was only income from untaxed sources. "

dayz, I've had further clarification on this today from Trish Power from Superguide. She says:

"Note that I am not a financial adviser and just reporting on proposals.
    The change to the CSHC test only applies to new applicants from 1 January 2015.
    As I understand it, if a person becomes eligible and obtains a CSHC before that date, then private super pensions won’t be counted for the CSHC beyond January 2015, while the individual remains eligible for the CSHC.
    If a person obtains the CSHC from January 2015, then private super pension income will be counted.

Before January 2015, private super pensions are not counted when assessing CSHC, so time may be of the essence for some people hoping to get the CSHC before the rules become stricter."

Baxter, thanks for clarifying that SA provides concession on council rates. Wish Qld was as generous. I paid over $4000 last year.

Re including family, agree with suggestions above, or alternatively a reverse mortgage to provide an income stream whilst still alive.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.