The main problem in Australia is that our political class have...

1. 2,508 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 331
    The main problem in Australia is that our political class have made it impossible for the other side to do anything about it. There isn't a single reform that the current Government could employ that wouldn't be scaremongered into oblivion by the Opposition. It really doesn't matter what it is or how useful it would be. Likewise, there isn't anything a Dutton Government could do that wouldn't be seized upon by the next Labor Opposition.

Consequently, voters have realised that all they need to do is make a heap of noise when they are threatened with having to pay a bit extra, or get a little bit less, to get things done and it all goes away (reference Bill Shorten losing the unlosable election). Our politicians have created an entire nation of me-me-me'ers, and they won't stop crying me-me-me all the way to Greek style austerity. That automatically places the heaviest burden on those without agency in the economy, that being the under 18s. The fact that we are importing record numbers of other people into the country just adds to the height of the cliff we will be falling off when we arrive at it.

This is almost set in stone. Nobody is interested in paying for the fix. Nothing short of a global nuclear war, asteroid impact or megavolcano eruption can stop it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.