RNE 33.3% 0.2¢ renu energy limited

budget, page-10

1. 122 Posts.
    Hi all,

I agree with most on this thread that the budget had bugger all in it for us.

That said things are still falling into place for us and our future is totally in our hands.

There are two things our blokes have got to do ASAP - finish proving the concept and get the 1MW plant up and running. The good news is no-one can stop us from doing those things - they're already funded.

If we can prove concept about July as expected, it's possible Garnaut will run harder with geothermal in his report. He's already shown signs of going that way - both in talking tough on emissions targets and compo for coal-fired generators, and suggesting support for getting transmission lines to remote projects like GDY's.

This in turn may get what is currently a very nervous new government on side as well (instead of falling back on 'clean coal' to avoid sticking their necks out).

If that's not enough, having the 1MW station up and running should clinch the deal. It will be a media field day up there when they start serving Australia's coldest beer from its hottest rocks - and it won't just be the ABC.

It will be like that final scene in Capricorn One where the astronaut turns up to his own state funeral - once we've demonstrated a real alternative it will dominate the green energy debate.

Ultimately clean coal will fall by the wayside because;
    A) It's crap dreamed up by PR agents to buy the coal industry another 20 years.
    B) Even it if could work, we'll get there first and be able to deliver electricity at prices that will blow it out of the water.

zzzzzzD

PS: I do believe we landed on the moon incidently.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.