RNE 0.00% 0.4¢ renu energy limited

budget, page-19

1. 4,347 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2634
    Okay lads, about half of us voted for Labor and about half of us didn't - democracy's great isn't it - but let's keep this thread on topic and forward looking.

Scoop I agree that the pollies can't hold back change. I saw an interesting article the other day in which it was pointed out that 140 years ago the alternative energy source was oil and the established energy source was whale blubber. Market forces quickly killed off the whale industry and oil became dominant. I see a reasonable chance that within a couple of decades geothermal will be a major source of electricity and the role of coal, whether it be clean or dirty, will be in decline.

I think the oil and gas lobby, together with the dopey public servants (remember that the senior managers in the energy department got their promotions by what and who they know in the oil and gas industry) will overpower Martin Ferguson - he will be lucky to see a brief or have a meeting where geothermal is discussed. That is why I think Penny Wong and Peter Garrett are our best chance to garner some government support for the geothermal sector.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.904M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $2.995K 696.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
29 10696652 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 4421312 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.47pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.