AUD unknown

build me a robot, page-6

1. 139 Posts.
    Hi Tammyc,

While the information that I have seen on the pros and cons of these robot type setups may be one eyed to a degree, most of it came from a person who has been a sucessfull trader and teacher in all types of equities, commodities and FX for 30 odd years.

His opionion is that if you are lucky to get onto one early in it's working life then there is a chance that 3 or 4 months of good to excellent profits before someting in the market changes and it basicly turns into a negative expectancy system.

Aprently with there being times of draw downs in every traders equity at times regardless of non-judgemental system (mechanical or robot if you like) or judgemental (human trader) system that the big problem is extreme drawdown occurs in a non-judgemental system before it is realised that the system has stopped showing positive expectation.

There is also some information on this in Wayne McDonnel's FX Bootcamp book.

I'm not saying that it deffinately can't be done, but if someone had put a good system together, in the interests of keeping it working they would probably keep it to themselves.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.