COB 3.45% 9.0¢ cobalt blue holdings limited

Buildup to PFS and LG

1. 292 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 307
    My take on the lead-up to COB's Pre Feasability Study due in 6 weeks:

Assuming the study only includes the indicated resource (maybe plus a small fraction of inferred), the study mine life should be 11-12 years.
    I'm guessing the cost per pound will be maybe $14ish.
    The Cobalt price assumption used will likely be $25-30 per pound (in stark contrast to Ardea's PFS spot price assumptions).

We might therefore be looking at an NPV of $300-500mil.

So we're talking 2-4 times the current market cap BUT All of the assumptions have upsides:
    1. The company has had unwavering confidence in achieving a 20 year mine life, so after a few more drill holes, the 20 year timeline should appear in the DFS.
    2. With further testing and improvements in processing efficiencues (and LG energy solutions - a real difference they could make) OPEX should also drop for the DFS.
    3. Given Citibank's recent bullish Cobalt price forecast, I wouldn't argue with a higher Cobalt price assumption.

Since the indicated resource target has been realised, there are no remaining barriers/risk to the farm-in.

Now here's where it gets interesting, COB shareholders may never see the DFS... LG telegraphed their intentions earlier this year by paying a premium for the JV immediately after seeing a sample of COB's final product. There is a strong possibility that they will bid for the entire company (at a premium) once the PFS lands. They would be securing future Cobalt supply via a highly profitable pure Cobalt mine at a bargain price (considering the value-add once the DFS lands).

In my opinion, a take-over would be a bit of a shame, as even though COB's share price should be in the vicinity of $2 by the time the PFS lands (and LG would have to pay a premium), it has potential to go so much higher.
    Last edited by mlives: 17/05/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.0¢
Change
0.003(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $37.95M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.7¢ 9.0¢ 8.6¢ $21.79K 247.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 16000 8.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.0¢ 33075 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
COB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.