BUL 7.14% 5.2¢ blue energy limited

BUL, page-17

1. 1,907 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 207
    My personal opinion is there should be a change in the management team. Fresh blood and fresh ideas and hopefully a change in fortune.

JEF has been at BUL since April 2012. John Phillips has been there since June 2010.

Yes i know that JEF is a very experienced operator according to his resume and he ran Santos for 8yrs....but he left in 2008....10yrs ago.

Lets take my football coach example from many months ago. My team the bulldogs in the NRL hired a 2 time winning coach. The first few years in the role he took them to 2 GFs and things were looking good....but then it started to turn sour. The game changed, and he didn't change his style and adapt to the new way the game was being played. My team missed the semis for the first time in a very long time and has since not made it back there and are lucky to avoid the spoon. He was sacked at the end 2017. Now the new coach hasn't improved on this year, but he faced major problems that he inherited from this coach, but by the end of this year we won our last 3 out of 4 games, started to gel in our new playing style and things look promising for next 2 years.

If you look at Strike Energy. They drilled and were pumping water...lots of water. They kept saying they were very close and just needed a few more months. Even at the AGM the chairman said they wish the AGM was on in a few more months as the good news and gas flows where just about there.Turns out they weren't...not even close as the Strike holders can tell you.

There was a total restructure of the board. The long term MD was gone and replaced but what many perceived as an inexperienced kid (with less than 10yrs in the field i think) in charge. There was a fair amount up uproar on HC that a kid could replace the experienced oil/gasman.
    Well fast forward a year or so, and everyone loves this kid. He hit the pause button on the approach from the prev management and put in a new plan. While they haven't got the results just yet, they have re-drilled and are pumping water and all signs point to a promising outcome and the SP has gone from 6-7c to 12-15c range.
    Last edited by 278126: 21/09/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.