PDN 8.44% $16.96 paladin energy ltd

You raise a few good points there Berg, thanks for sharing....

1. 424 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 122
    You raise a few good points there Berg, thanks for sharing. Number two I absolutely agree with, I'm well and truly aware that utilities are the bottleneck here. This point I made was more out of general frustration than anything (it's not easy to deal with new SP lows on a constant basis - it takes its toll on your sanity, as you can probably tell by the general flavor of my posts)

In the case of #1, though your reasoning is sound, I feel like this is clutching at straws a little - the economy 'may' crap itself yes, but I don't think it will be within the next 12 months. World governments still have a lot of levers to pull, and Trump now has a tasty arsenal of tariffs that he can now tactically scrap to give the market a quick hit, and I can foresee this working for the next 12 months up to his re-election. You can bet that he, and other world leaders will use every tool they can to delay the inevitable.

#3, I agree that K is a C&B asset - and many times I've asserted that it was a hubris buy by JB. However, I will also say that a bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush - and this applies to Lotus (formerly Hylea) too, which is why I feel that SS could have backloaded the deal a lot more. I don't have a problem with anything in the deal other than the 5m profit share cap (and to a lesser extent, the 4.8m shares wasn't quite enough either). Even though the mine is never likely to come online, the 5m profit share cap signals something far worse - that the PDN team are either short-sighted, or lack effective negotiation skills (or both). The message they've sent is that they're willing to chase a penny at the expense of the pound.

As I said, I genuinely don't remember a piece of 'good' news from PDN management since I've been a holder

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$16.96
Change
1.320(8.44%)
Mkt cap ! $5.062B
Open High Low Value Volume
$16.09 $17.00 $16.01 $49.81M 2.973M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 290 $16.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$16.97 2357 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$16.98
  Change
1.320 ( 8.93 %)
Open High Low Volume
$16.18 $17.00 $16.18 570948
Last updated 15.59pm 07/05/2024 ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.