FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

bull case for junior miners

1. 4,528 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    I wanted to grab bit size snippets but there is just so much that warrants attention...

When you put the cards on the table BGS really has come to light at the correct time... with Low Capex if Ntolia goes ahead... And a Mine Model that would suit the financial world we live in...

this I read from a link on sprotts website

"In order to be sustainable at current rates, the mining sector will require a greater number of new, higher-grade discoveries to be brought on stream. But exploration and early-stage development for the seniors is a difficult undertaking due to current conditions and shareholder expectations.

“Shareholders expect seniors to obtain cash flow by producing the commodity efficiently and effectively. They don’t want these companies running around hinterlands chasing geological anomalies and taking geological risk,” Kosowan said.

And this is where the advantage for robust juniors lies. Companies with well-delineated, high-grade projects will become increasingly attractive as the seniors, pushed by their increasingly unviable working models, slowly return to acquiring the best properties available.

“The seniors turn to the juniors because of their prowess in finding new properties. Not only do [the juniors] have the nimbleness to look in different jurisdictions, but they also have the mandate as their shareholders accept the associated risk,” he said.

The juniors most likely to fit this mandate, and most likely to survive during the current doldrums are those with healthy balance sheets and experienced management teams with the acumen to access capital markets, Kosowan said.

They must also hold flagship projects that require lower levels of capital expenditure and possess high margins – most often equating to higher grades and/or a project that is economically feasible when it comes to mining and mining costs, he added.

This was the light at the end of the tunnel for juniors and for those seeking to invest in the sector."

http://www.miningweekly.com/article/flawed-mining-models-by-seniors-will-lead-to-junior-relief---kosowan-2013-09-20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.