PSA 0.00% 2.1¢ petsec energy limited

Do you mean “move the ball valve” on the pipeline that doesn’t...

1. 2,178 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 883
    Do you mean “move the ball valve” on the pipeline that doesn’t exist and needs to be built to connect the oil field to Merib? Or do you mean “turn on the pump” so oil can be trucked down south? Do you see the problem here?

Re US assets, the US has recently changed the rules regarding the offshore assets and they have been abandoned (according to the MPS research report). PSA only have the onshore assets, with only a very minor interest and certainly nothing all that exciting in terms of revenue coming out from them.

At this point in time, my opinion is that, the only way for PSA to get off the ground floor is via the Yemen assets. That’s the real deal. However for that to happen (even though the government wants it to happen) the war needs to be sorted out and stable political and economic environment needs to return.

Given how much reliance PSA needs to have on local people, contractors or service industry in order to sell their product, I honestly can’t see that happening until the war is well over and the rebellion put down. They’re far too busy bombing each other at the moment to care about anything else.

In addition, if you look at the maps I posted earlier. A lot of the western side of Yemen is either under direct Houthi control or with heavy influence. The Houthi are well known to disregard civilian life and have a mercenary approach to getting what they want. What they want most is to preserve the revenue flowing via Hudaydah ($14m per month). That’s why the fighting is so severe.

Also the recent statement by UN’s envoy is quite sobering
    https://osesgy.unmissions.org/statement-special-envoy-situation-hudaydah

The only conclusion you can reach at the moment (logically) is that the fighting will continue for some time. So no production and no revenue .....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.