XJO 1.25% 7,777.7 s&p/asx 200

Bull Market posts, posts that support the Bull Case, page-151

1. 590 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 183
    I'm posting this in the bull thread because today's relatively small interest rate rise is generally bullish for the XJO.

The RBA says "The size and timing of future interest rate increases will continue to be determined by the incoming data". (Is this a joke?)

Applying its "logic" about data, the RBA today raised the cash rate by a token 0.25% to 2.85%, still well below half the rate of inflation - even though Inflation is still rising, consumer spending is very strong, unemployment is very low and AUD is very weak. (Sure looks like a joke to me.)

When inflation finally stops rising (even the RBA says this won't happen until inflation gets to 8%), by applying the same RBA "logic" it can confidently be predicted that the RBA will either hold rates steady or will start cutting rates.

There ought to be benchmarks of incompetence for the RBA that, if exceeded, would result in automatic sacking. Even if such benchmarks were set very generously then, in my opinion, the RBA would be long gone. In reality, I expect that the RBA will never be sacked nomatter how hopeless their decisions, because without them the govt would have nobody to blame for what is actually the govt's responsibility.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.