Bull or Bear??, page-34

1. 36,918 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    I think it's a bit funny , this whole bull and bear thing . People carry on like they are supporting a sporting team trying to remain faithfull in any event .

I'm not in either camp . I couldn't care less one way or the other . I'm an investor so I'm interested in what people have to say but that's about it . It's a market so it will ebb and flow . Even though I'm long on property generally , there's times to buy , times to hold and even times to sell . At the moment all of those conditions exist depending on the location . That's a market .

It's interesting what you say about builder's pricing . In the outer suburbs of Melbourne where I was looking at display homes on the weekend , that situation is in evidence . There's some pretty good value buying out there I reckon . The only downside is that there is a lack of public transport in those new areas so 2 cars is probably a must . Otherwise , I reckon a lot of that stuff is quite affordable . Yes , some of the inner city stuff is nose bleedingly expensive but for as long as I can remember , it always was . As older suburbs are being gentrified people conveniently forget how bad those areas were before hand , hence the increase in price . Footscray in Melbourne would be a good example . 20 years before that it was Richmond and before that it was Williamstown . Talk to people who used to live there back in the day and they'll tell you why it used to be cheap .

As for the economy , there is always a risk . Maybe it's to do with me being in the market for so long but I think if you calm down and wait , any hiccup will pass . Greece , Ireland , China , Thailand , GFC , 911 , The Iraq wars etc . There is always a drama going on somewhere . In the meantime , people are living their lives and the sun continues to rise everyday . So as long as you aren't overcommitted , I don't see too much risk .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.