Sorry missed your question - was distracted by the amusing...

1. 135 Posts.
    Sorry missed your question - was distracted by the amusing cartoons been posted.

If you own a $500K house (say an investment property) then yes i think you wont be as wealthy in 10 or 15 years if you still held onto it.

Take someone who was retiring today, and sold that house, they will be able to live off that money for longer than someone retiring with the same house in 15 years who sells it at that time.

Housing today seems to cost twice as much as it ever has in our life time and as far back as our grand parents.. i cant see how it can stay that high in the future especially when rates will eventually go up one day.

That is why back to the original question i am bearish long term, as it wont stay this expensive. Short term you might be able to make a profitable trade, but over 15 - 30 years i sure wouldnt bet on it. Especially if later generation has to take out home loans at 17% again like 30 years ago there is no way housing will be able to cost as much as they do today as no one could pay it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.