TIR titan resources limited

Having started this thread, I feel I might add another comment....

1. 435 Posts.
    Having started this thread, I feel I might add another comment.

I have read his articles for many many years, and often find them to have very good information. I agree that HDR and OXR were two of his picks, and in any case, the information he presents can open your eyes to something you would otherwise miss.

The point I was making was that although he creates the impression of being a great stock tipster, in fact it would not be a good idea to blindly follow his tips. I have seen many instances of extremely opportunistic selling before a price fall, and if you follow the leader and buy and sell when the magazine comes out, you will not make anything even remotely near what he makes.

I remember a specific (and not atypical) incident of a few years ago with a stock MIV (Medical Innovations, now Psiron). For whatever reason, it fell out of the sky and he managed to buy it at the low of 16 cents. By the time the Bulletin hit the streets, it was 22 cents. It went up to 30 cents and the company happened to put out a bad announcement. The stock fell immediately to 24, but he got out around 30, citing the announcement as the reason. By the time the Bulletin hit the streets, they were 22 cents. He made a profit of 14 cents, but the reader made nothing.

Whilst I don't have a particular beef against the concept of the column, I still feel it would be fairer if the public were in a position to do as well as he does. (Maybe it could be re-phrased as him only doing as well as the public does). The way to fix that is to base his buy and sell prices on what the Bulletin-purchasing public would have achieved.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TIR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.