GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

bullish and bearish divergence

1. 3,360 Posts.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that shortly we will see another rally in the USD Gold price.

I can't post the charts because I'm just looking at the freebies at stockcharts.com and they don't paste across, but there is noticeable Bearish divergence on the USD daily chart and noticeable Bullish divergence on the both the HUI & XAU daily charts. There is also a possible double/triple bottom on both as well.

Not saying it'll be tonight etc, as a few of the 'safe haven' buyers will probably disappear now, but make no bones about it, technically speaking, I don't think we are far off from a move in the gold shares.

I have also noticed in the last couple of weeks, a number of bullish divergences on the individual charts of aussie goldminers, ALD being the most blindingly obvious with a triple bullish divergence.

Looking at the daily gold chart there is also a very clear trading range, although it is quite large, between $820/5 & $930/5. I think for traders a stop entry above/below these levels could well prove to be a good move. Time will tell.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.