NWH 0.28% $3.63 nrw holdings limited

Bullish Sign? - Bounced off 200 EMA, page-3712

1. 18,784 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3955
    ‘Lo Jacko1.
    That Samsung voodoo doll warned me not to invest in ONE at 6c and I met the friend who gave the tip today and they said they got out of that ONE at around 50c. :/
    -But having a villain or two around the place satisfies a (my) human need for contrast and sometimes lets me measure karma in action.

And are you talking to me about the bad hair day?
    My hair samurai has not been in the state since early CoVid days

.. which reminds me of that point you made that CoVid as an excuse is wearing thin;
    Time to stop using it as “as an excuse for poor performance and cost over runs” you said.

Did I say “ouch” yet?
    The half yearly and Euroz conference DID indeed claim to have cost overruns associated with Covid.
    And also spoke to the fact several of these projects - estimated before Covid - had concluded or were soon to conclude.
    Jules also referred to expecting Covid-related impact to improve rather than continuing, although I note the West story I posted above said there were more than 90% less workers entering Australia since last year despite rising numbers of infrastructure (and other) projects . How can this NOT be Covid related?
    ... “In the 12 months to March this year, just 56,890 skilled workers entered Australia.
    This marked a 92.9 per cent fall on the 800,380 skilled workers who entered the country over the same period the previous year.
    Deloitte said more than $180b worth of public infrastructure projects were currently in progress across Australia, up 40 per cent from the trough six years ago. However, the economic forecaster said the figure could surpass a quarter of a trillion dollars in 2022 as governments continue to fire up their economies as COVID-19 abates....”

And cask wine ?
    I will take this personally as well!
    Sadly I have the liver of a six year old and tends to become hungover even if it’s Bollinger. I note the( rare) Bollinger, however, is better (And should I thank Samsung here?).

And moving away from the personal...

ALTURA - One of it’s entities (ALO) has been through receivership and administration and come out now with some funds designated to pay off remaining creditors I believe.
    But not to the value of the ~$19M NRW wrote down in the half yearly.
    I don’t know if NRW was contracted to that entity or to the other that employed some of the creditors and which I think PLS allocated $6M only to pay off when it bought the business.
    It intends to return to public life, and activate a joint venture in Nevada.
    ...I expect if NRW thinks the reactivation was relevant it will say something?

WHYALLA - Yes appears truly safe now but there were plenty of reassurances as to continuing operations there (and at NRW’s Middleback Ranges projects which service Whyalla) beforehand .
    Hopefully the price here *will* improve on certainty?

GASCOYNE’s Dalgaranga project.... Potential for underground first mentioned back in January?
    (see @pbawley [post]) ...... Do you think NRW really would want to expand in the direction of underground mining? The growth directions outlined at the last annual report did not include mining?

COAL - For the sake of argument I think NRW has committed to working with new green energy projects if it can, and has equipped itself accordingly. Will it also continue to work in and renew existing coal contracts if possible ?
    I think it would if it is able to keep employees and equipment employed in this sector .

STRANDLINE - $135M minnow contract?.... Which Primero already had dibs on through Early Contractor Involvement since Q3 last year....
    When NRW chose to buy Primero I guess it felt confident in the number crunchers there?
    Time will tell?

Thank you for your thoughts Jacko (bar the insults as to hairstyle - {FWIW I decided it was at last time to stop blaming Covid, and am booked in to a more local stylist on Friday} ),
    ...and I hope you are well and that all is well also with your (other) favourite company

cheers
    Last edited by sabine: 06/05/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.