NWH 1.21% $3.35 nrw holdings limited

A market maker sits on both sides of the ledger trying to profit...

1. 26 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    A market maker sits on both sides of the ledger trying to profit from the bid/offer spread. They often do it with stocks that almost have no buyers or sellers hoping to benefit from the few trades that go through when someone is forced to offload or has to pay up. There are no liquidity issues here so a liquidity provider or market maker is highly unlikely. It's certainly not an individual either because trades that small would still me subjected to minimum brokerage fees making them nonsensical. You will also note that many of the trades are crossings (XT condition) so same broker on both sides. Pretty sure that's not a market maker at play. People seem to forget or unaware of the role automated trading plays in the market these days. So yes, whilst it's taken roughly 150-200m shares to change hands since Feb to get us where we are today (not 50 shares), don't underestimate the ability of automated trading systems to manipulate prices with thousands and thousands of pissy little parcels of shares (as per my post the other day). God only knows what is programmed into their respective trading algorithms, but I'm pretty certain it's self-serving and not designed to help you and I. Long gone are the days of Chalkies and inefficiencies, that's why day trading is almost impossible now. You can't beat a robot that is capable of placing 150 trades in a few milliseconds. So whilst I understand the exact same reasons that you do as to why NRW is out of favour, don't ignore how the opportunity can be exploited.

Appreciate your reply and let's hope the rebound is not far around the corner for us all.

Cheers and GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.