NWH 0.64% $3.16 nrw holdings limited

Bullish Sign? - Bounced off 200 EMA, page-3868

1. 4,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1229
    My long-term interest in the hydrogen/ammonia matter is the following:
    • Twiggy Forrest's interest in green steel. RCR, BGC and Primero probably all transacted good business with FMG prior to coming together within NWH, so if NWH has something to offer FMG that falls in the greener-is-good space, then NWH may score business. What works for FMG would work for BHP and RIO.
    • The “green is good story” attracts funding from politicians and finance providers that spruik ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance). So NWH should angle for a slither of that spend.
    • Long-term, the global steel industry is going to have to move down the greener-is-good path, which reaches back into mining the ore, a field on which NWH has focused historically .
    • If the steel industry, and hence IO mining, goes down the pragmatic path towards green steel by starting with natural gas as a source of hydrogen, this fits the greener-is-good story. Using natural gas is economically feasible, using sunshine, currently wind, air and water is not. Consequently, I expect to see real progress made to use more natural gas processed in the Pilbara to meet the demand there relatively soon.
    • The posturing of China should hasten these green-steel developments, but I'll not elaborate on that. One thing that you can be sure of is that FMG, BHP, RIO, Government, NWH et alii are giving mindspace to mitigate any threats to the Australian IO mining industry.
    PS for Sabine.

I was aware of the Oswal-Burrup saga, but had not followed what happened to Burrup later, so until yesterday I was unaware that the Norwegian company, Yara, owns Barrup.

On swie, swies and swied, as a lad in darkest Africa, I always admired the effectiveness of the Afrikaans word “swyk” (remain silent, and the “y” is pronounced “ay”  . When commenting on contracts later, I often wished I could write, “the contract swies” rather than “the contract is silent on”. I later learned that swyk, schweig in German, and swige in Old English (Anglo Saxon) were cognates. By Chauser's time swige had become swie, although Chauser tended to use “stint”, which has the sense of “saying less”, rather than “saying nothing”. Years ago I though of starting a movement to bring back the word “swie”, and members of the support group would wear T-shirts emblazoned with “ARSE (Association to Reintroduce Swie to English)”.
    Last edited by Pioupiou: 10/06/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.16
Change
0.020(0.64%)
Mkt cap ! $1.438B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.18 $3.19 $3.12 $2.300M 729.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 512 $3.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.17 4493 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NWH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.