NWH 0.30% $3.36 nrw holdings limited

Bullish Sign? - Bounced off 200 EMA, page-4235

1. 4,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1229
    Sabine
    Sabine

When I was about 8, and a very poor reader, my oldest brother read Kenneth Grahame's 'The Wind in the Willows' to me, or at least part of it. In the 1980s, I read it when visiting my older brother, and I enjoyed it, so when I returned home, I bought a copy, which I read twice or thrice. It was the writing style that appealed to me, and that includes the the humour. The only other book that I have read multiple times is Adam Smith's 'Wealth of Nations', and for the same style-and-wit reason, plus it is a fine lesson in rhetoric (how to write persuasively). I do not read much non-factual stuff – the tally of a lifetime would be less than half my age.

I learned later that Adam Smith (1723 – 1790) started his academic career lecturing in rhetoric, which probably explains why he articulated 'The Wealth of Nations' in a way that made it so often quoted. I underlined “tally” above, because its use in “The Wealth of Nations” suggested its usefulness as an alternative to “total”, so I have adopted it, and often use it when referring to the number of shares issued as “the share tally”. I quoted Adam Smth on HC about two days ago, and I repeat it below:

On odium as a moat, Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations covers wage disparity in trades, and he wrote, “The trade of a butcher is a brutal and an odious business; but it is in most places more profitable than the greater part of common trades. The most detestable of all employments, that of public executioner, is, in proportion to the quantity of work done, better paid than any common trade whatever.

What Adam Smith wrote about potatoes being a better staple food for the poor than wheat or oats is amusing. “The chairmen, porters, and coal-heavers in London, and those unfortunate women who live by prostitution, the strongest men and the most beautiful women perhaps in the British dominions, are said to be, the greater part of them, from the lowest rank of people in Ireland, who are generally fed with this root. No food can afford a more decisive proof of its nourishing quality, or of its being peculiarly suitable to the health of the human constitution.
    Last edited by Pioupiou: 20/04/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.36
Change
-0.010(0.30%)
Mkt cap ! $1.529B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.37 $3.40 $3.33 $3.394M 1.007M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 11045 $3.36

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.38 4370 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NWH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.