LYC 2.56% $6.10 lynas rare earths limited

I just wanted to make sure readers haven't overlooked this...

1. RVR
    6,301 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2336
    I just wanted to make sure readers haven't overlooked this important interview at Diggers and Dealers last week, especially:

"S&P Global Market Intelligence: What is Lynas doing to ensure it does not get into the situation it was in previously, where it was struggling to repay debt and continue as a going concern?

Kam Leung: Our production is now very reliable and we're producing above design rates. As we've ramped up we've managed to contain our costs. We tripled production and we only went up about 20% in costs. So we only put on an extra A$10 million per quarter and we managed to triple production. There's still some room for us to improve that incrementally.

We're also focused on product quality. In the lanthanum and the cerium space, there's actually a range of products, and if you make higher quality products, even though it's at a lower price compared with neodymium and praseodymium, the price you receive can even double or triple.

Where do you see further opportunities to lower your cost base?

We're actually just looking at present to incrementally increase our production through efficiency and better, more stable operations, improved recovery and less wastage. When we actually do that, there will be a corresponding cost improvement because that's extra production for basically very little or no extra cost.

http://marketintelligence.spglobal.com/our-thinking/news/lynas-is-on-the-mend

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.10
Change
-0.160(2.56%)
Mkt cap ! $5.701B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.14 $6.16 $6.02 $31.69M 5.119M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 23252 $6.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.10 23221 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.