Burgled, page-183

1. 37,232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Hey Pinto . Seeing as you have such an elaborate system I thought of an addition . Have you thought of having a camera or two outside and connected to your bunker ? In the midst of the fire they may not be much chop because of the smoke but they might enable you to watch the approach for longer once you have retreated to the bunker and also before you get back out .

I have a few friends that rode out the Black Saturday fires . They only survived more out of good luck than good management even though they were experienced country people . Things happened in those fires that no one expected . People learnt a lot as a result of those fires .

Lucky992 . Most people I know that have little fire fighting pumps have them in an open area ( away from other combustibles ) and they have them in a little structure ( think big doghouse ) that has it's own sprinkler system . So , as long as the pump runs it is also keeping itself coolish and hopefully will stop the fuel evaporating .

I live on acreage but not in the bush like you guys so I have the easy option of leaving . I am building up a fire fighting sprinkler system for my toyshed/workshop as there are things in there that aren't really replaceable . The plan is to turn it on and leave . I'll probably even have the option of turning it on remotely .

Appreciate the sharing of ideas here .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.