Burgled, page-7

1. 84,487 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    commiserations - it's a horrid feeling to find intrusion.

I doubt if the city is any more safe really. There is risk everywhere.

if you haven't got an animal - you could have a security system working at night - country or city.

Usually they don't have a go if they know you have one and if they do and set it off - it scares them away - and, of course scares the crap out of you as well.

Security lights outside work very well (probably the first thing I would install - big bright buggers - led, so they use very little power) - and, they work to give you lit access when you come home in the dark.

A safe is a good thing for fire - and if you have documents - it is good to make sure that they are in a water proof box - if the safe isn't water proof, but, is fire proof - you put the docs into a security box (that is fire and waterproof) and put the box in the safe.

Also a great place to put spare keys - the last thing you want is some turkey borrowing your spare keys -------- I find the big plus is that you always know where the spares are.

The cheaper safes won't stop anything but small children - but, it does provide them with a few seconds of entertainment.

Again - I like a safe for docs. - passport and the like - otherwise they seem to get 'moved' from drawer to drawer or similar.

hope you stay well

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.