Burgled, page-93

1. 85,880 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Guns aren't essential.

However - we (not me) have horses, cattle and god knows what nearby - our neighbors with the horses - if they have an animal that is to be put down - have to wait at least 2 hours for the vet to come in the night time.

a 12 gauge deals with that.

I have also had many injured small animals over the years ------------------ sure, I could have killed them with a hammer - but, a 22 does a better job IMO.

Of course - many people just don't notice things - until they trip over a body.

I saw 4 adults walk away from a wallaby that was floundering in the middle of a dam- about 18 months ago -

well, I can't stand cruelty or slow dying if one can do anything about it.

It took me one shot ----- after getting a gun out of the safe - and the poor thing just sunk immediately.

No - guns aren't necessary.

But, I consider that it is my responsibility to own one (more than one actually) - because I am good with one and I don't like seeing things in pain.

Also- we have a plague of wallabies here - and, sometimes - they just try and overrun us -------- a shot or two gives them a strong signal.

Sometimes I kill one - and then, the others get the message very fast and give us some peace for a couple of months.

I would never suggest a gun for protection from humans in this society - that is why I talk about torches.

But, for me - I will have guns as well.

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.