burned investors send in a killer, page-31

1. s8
    7,757 Posts.
    Mr Gatto has an industrial mediation business Arbitrations and Mediations.

Does anyone know what his success rate is with previous clients?

ABC Online

Former Melbourne underworld figure Mick Gatto is flying to Singapore today to try to recover millions of dollars for investors of the failed Melbourne stock broker Opes Prime.

Mr Gatto says his industrial mediation business Arbitrations and Mediations is working with Statewide Securities to recoup losses for a group of anonymous clients.

Administrators will brief hundreds of Opes Prime investors, who are collectively owed more than $500 million, today.

Mr Gatto says he will be visiting many offices but Opes Prime will not be one of them because they are looking for the money, "not the company".

Mr Gatto, who escaped jail after pleading self-defence in the killing of an underworld hitman in 2004, says he will not be using violence in his negotiations.

"We never use violence. It's always done amicably and there's no evidence that I've ever used violence ever. I would've been charged in a heartbeat," he said.

He says he just wants to recover as much as possible for investors because history shows that the only winners in these cases are lawyers and the receivers.

"So we're trying to short circuit all that and hopefully get back for the investors as much as we can," he said.

"Obviously we're doing it for a fee for ourselves too. It's what I do for a living. and we're just trying to do the best we can for everyone."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.