CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

Business Spectator have been a mainly Centro-friendly outlet in...

1. 1,190 Posts.
    Business Spectator have been a mainly Centro-friendly outlet in the past couple of years. I suspect this is quid pro quo with Centro who seem to have been prepared to give them CEO time at various points.

Those of us who have been around a while know how informal relationships between companies and the media are used as a two-way street. When the company wants to informally release information or shape opinion, it can do so. In return, when a media outlet needs off the record information or clarification, they know who to call.

Robert Gottliebsen (RG) has been around longer than most.

The interesting part for me was the paragraph I originally highlighted in which RG suggests Chinese interests are looking to refinance the Centro loans. There was talk a few months ago in this regard and we know the company had contact with one or more individuals. This story then fell by the wayside in the subsequent months. It's clearly back on the table today.

Given the relationship Business Spectator has with the company, one has to wonder why RG would go to print with the Chinese linkage if it was unfounded.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.