bush address - iraq proof comes later, page-13

1. 10,605 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Hi Grant,

I do not believe that Bush has the political capital to create this build up and not get a result. His very Presidency is now at stake and the prospect of being a one term president with nothing to show for it is very real.

His father was subsumed by economics - he will do anything - literally - to avoid the same fate.

I was lucky enough to be a guest of the US as an observer of those US primaries back in the early 1990's when Bush Snr lost and retain a strong interest in us politics.

Those who believe Hussein will back down forget that in reality he has nowhere to go. I have no doubt that he would believe that his life expectancy is considerably longer in a world of his own control then as a political refugee somewhere else. as such fleeing the country is probably a zero chance.

I also believe that propoganda suggesting that any significant proportion of the Iraqi population would welcome 'liberation' by the US is complete fantasy.

The US may be able to rustle up some puppets to prop in power backed by a substantial military commitment but OI wonder whether the hunter may then become the hunted i the middle of a region loaded with enemies backed by substantial funds and soldiers/guerilla's who'se religion promises rich rewards in the next life.

Not a pretty thought.

Thought - given the speed with which the collection of antique chemical warheads were paraded before the worlds media oncw found I think it is a safe bet that no suitable evidence currently exists that supports the US assetion of Iraq's ownership of useable WOMD.

It is the US President that is running out of time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.