DJIA 0.31% 26,683 dow jones industrials

bush tax aid no help imo

1. 122 Posts.
    Everyone has heard about Bushes 150 Bil immediate tax aid. How will this affect markets Short-Term? My guess is that it won't halt the decline. Tax package will not change peoples perception, sentiment, wealth overnight. These tax changes will take time to filter through to investors, consumers, but it won't be actionable until the act is passed by congress and the fiscal stimulus felt in real terms, perhaps after tax return season.

Alot of impatient investors and even perhaps people with paper losses who are eager for a bounce to offload will obvious ramp this up here, expecting market conditions to suddenly be buoyant monday. While there is a high possibility that markets will open higher, my guess is that the market will inch back down again if not on the same day, then the next and continue to do so until the market considers the current crisis to have past and that consumer confidence is up again. I think this consumer confidence is key.

My real worry is whether the stimulus package is appropriate given that inflation is rising and their current account deficit is alarmingly high.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DJIA (INDEXDJX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.