Bushfire season roars off to an early start, page-192

1. 25,470 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Hi Coonegah

Having spent my time in Victoria for the first half of my life, a lot of that time in the country, I had friends, who were in the CFA and observed the dogs dinner that the government made of that organization, plus the continual RCs that were 98% ignored over the last 100 years

I believe that property owners should be responsible for their own properties but unfortunately that becomes very difficult when the politicians step in with their schemes, but if they don't they should be penalized as a fire knows no boundaries and one farmers lax attitude can affect his neighbors life

The simple fact is that political decisions for political benefit are visible in every walk of life where previously they were not, decisions were made on need and expert advice from many sources

The mountain grazing in the high country is always a contentious but it did keep the ground fuel to a much lower figure and as long as it is not heavily grazed appears to be the better of two evils

There is no easy answer but IMHO the people in the country should vote with their feet and choose other politicians, or get enforceable promises before the elections

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.