SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

A well written argument Grant. However focusing on the...

1. 3,147 Posts.
    A well written argument Grant. However focusing on the technicals of SP assumes the market is efficient and all known information is built into a share price. Now there are as many example of an inefficient market price - nobody can deny that. How else would extreme whip-sawing of many share price be explained? If the market was efficient there would be orderly rises on positive news and orderly declines on negative news to find an equilibrium fair price. No the market is scattered with rogues, traders, call then what you will to drive cries one way or the other.

It seems a little out of kilter to even talk about the QLD issue now the company has grown to a $1.3bn revenue company. A small backwater part of the universe is hardly material to its success (and I live in Queensland) - besides there is good reason to beleive it is making in roads into QLD.

Andrew Grech spoke of the people and said it has had a galvanising affect. Of course can choose not to believe him if it fits your sentiment. So culture is developing well!

You speak of value in Quindell. How can that be discounted to zero or relatively less than its purchased price if it looks like adding 22c per share to earnings? By my crude reckoning that equates to $77m / 10%discount rate - 7% growth = $25667m less purcahse $1300m and we have $1266m coincidently very close to what they paid. Looks a good deal to me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.