business leaders threatened by labor pollies

1. 17,117 Posts.
    non faceless bully boys... at it again....
    and the funny thing...in another article....Swan wants the business leaders to tell him who threatened them....
    hello...I thought Swan delievered a few of the threats himself...smoke mirrors and spin from Swan as usual
    extract,,,,,,

BUSINESS leaders claim they are being threatened by "thin-skinned" politicians when they choose to speak out on policy issues.
    They also believe a culture of "consequence and retribution" has emerged in Australia that threatens free speech and could stifle reform.

Speaking at The Australian and Deutsche Bank Business Leaders Forum yesterday, four of the nation's most senior company chairs said corporate leaders had a responsibility to speak out to set the agenda in the public policy debate.

But they warned that some had been "threatened" by politicians for expressing their views.

"I have been amazed how thin-skinned some politicians are," said Michael Chaney, chairman of National Australia Bank and of Woodside Petroleum.

"I have found that some politicians have been particularly spiteful about it and have gone around threatening people who have spoken out, which is pretty unfortunate because they are the same people who would extol the virtues of freedom of speech."
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/business-threatened-by-labor/story-fn59niix-1225935141891

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.