i can not be bothered to find the links, but from my reading, it...

1. 509 Posts.
    i can not be bothered to find the links, but from my reading, it seems that 50% of (present) applications for asylum are being rejected - but no one is being returned.. - well maybe some are - but from memory, what i read, was that there were a grand total of about 160 people that have been returned (in the past year or so) - of which 2/3 rds were indonesian crewmen (who were probably not asylum seekers).

some guy hartcher wrote a piece the other day , where he mentioned that asylum seekers who are placed in the community, are more likely to return to their home country - if this is the case, then obviously they were not true asylum seekers in the first place.. however , in canada, asylum seekers are allowed into the community - but they simply "disappear" - and most of them are found, not to be "genuine" refugees.

nothing to do with refugees, but on a personal level i am aware of two instances (one in the usa, and one in australia) where the intent was to get someone into the country - and then they would "disappear" .. in the end, nothing happened

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.