I believe we are all to blame. Over years now we have developed...

1. 1,593 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    I believe we are all to blame. Over years now we have developed a culture unable to respectfully debate and accept/learn from mistakes we have made and accept alternative views. Team black vs team green. Nothing good is going to come from this approach.

At any point of the day we can all pick some data or articles to prove any point we want to make, the internet provides any number of opinions that support that view. The loudest and most popular view will prevail but that doesn't mean it is correct. Today the loudest view is the renewable and therefore they are equally responsible for the challenges being faced and should be held accountable for the claims made in the past which have prevented modernisation and/or replacement of the tradition generators including the consideration of alternatives including nuclear.

Imo this is not about blame it is about accepting reality and for me that reality is that our current plan to reduce emissions is to inefficiently run old fossil generators for as long as we possibly can and then pay people to not use electricity (Demand response) when they eventually fail. We have no credible 50% non renewable plan consistent with reducing emissions.

Any theory should be critically analysed and that was my point for tomorrow. The policies/leadership of the past 20 years can be tested because we have sufficient wind, solar, hydro, coal and gas generators to review with actual data. From that analysis we can identify strengths and weaknesses in the theory.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.