LYC 0.49% $7.07 lynas rare earths limited

A friend of mine and a Lynas shareholder asked me if it is time...

1. 1,266 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1912
    A friend of mine and a Lynas shareholder asked me if it is time to take a profit on Lynas with an eye towards buying shares back after a price correction. I can appreciate the investing philosophy that investments should not be emotional but the corollary should be that investments should not be emotional unless you really understand the business…

I think there is a contingent of posters on this board who are invested in Lynas because it represents a solid company in a rapidly emerging green industry. I know of few web sites that provide the level of DD that is shared by posters and lurkers alike here on HC.

Current discussions are for the most part right on and with few exceptions are relevant to current events within the company. Many posters have attended AGM meetings or tours of the Malaysian facility and every member of the administration and board at Lynas make themselves available when ever possible, an example being the AGM in Sydney…

My point is that the Lynas story remains current and transparent. There is little we don’t know about this company and when something is unclear Lynas management will quickly respond to those questions in an appropriate manner...

Who cares what electric technology will dominate the automobile in five years, the market is much bigger than that. Lynas will be providing much needed rare earths for a whole host of groundbreaking applications many yet to be discovered. Once again we are not selling Barbie Dolls here (not sure Barbie is an Oz phenomena), rare earths are not a fad and will lead the way in resolving the biggest issue we have ever faced as a civilization…

Climate change is on the forefront of many countries minds and I look for more in the future from the US… The new political (Biden) administration has already committed a powerful, cabinet level “climate czar” to create and execute a plan for alternative energies. I firmly believe Lynas has positioned themselves perfectly to take advantage of this change of administration and rightfully assume its position as the world’s leader in rare earths…

Amanda is excited about the future as one could easily glean from the last conference call. The numbers are great, the vision is clear and we know about Amanda’s ability to execute. Selling now just may be the right thing to do but IMO the longer term investor may miss a big move trying to time the market. I am at a 10x on my initial investment back in 2015 and I have never sold any shares since I put in my original position. I am still long and bullish about the future...

Rare earths may not be glamorous but they are a solid commodity that has intrinsic value. Lynas is a unique opportunity with industry leading IP and technology. Most of us agree that Amanda has shown tremendous leadership both within the company and within the industry making the story…

These factors add up to make for an unusual set of circumstances, a phenomena that has preceded the rise of many of the great companies. Market timing works for some but its rarely works for me. It never fails, I will be out of communication and out of the market when a big move suddenly occurs…. This will not happen... JMHO…

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.07
Change
-0.035(0.49%)
Mkt cap ! $6.599B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.13 $7.13 $7.06 $9.606M 1.357M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
38 27594 $7.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.07 19868 31
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.33pm 22/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$7.05
  Change
-0.035 ( 0.37 %)
Open High Low Volume
$7.12 $7.13 $7.05 666329
Last updated 14.54pm 22/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.